Hosea was the winner of the Top Chef reality TV show competition in 2009. Currently he is the chef of Jax Fish House on Pearl Street in Boulder. Past positions include cooking for Wolfgang Puck, Kevin Taylor and Sean Yontz. Hosea believes that flavor is paramount. Quality ingredients, integrity, and focus are essential to him and his food. When Hosea isn't in the kitchen you can find him enjoying what the mountains of Colorado and New Mexico have to offer. He is an avid skier, mountain biker, fly fisherman, and all-around outdoor enthusiast.
My Perfect Day in Boulder
- Rent cruiser bikes from University Bikes on Pearl Street. Ride up Pearl Street to Eben G. Fine Park and then catch the Boulder Creek Bike Path.
- Cruise along the path, following Boulder Creek, into historic downtown Boulder.
- Have coffee at the Trident Booksellers.
- Ride the bike a few more blocks along the Boulder Creek Path to the Boulder Farmers' Market. Grab a meal prepared by a local chef. Talk with the growers.
- Continue the afternoon shopping and people watching along the Pearl Street Mall. Don't miss Peppercorn - a cooking store that's been described as one of the best in the country.
- Have dinner at my restaurant, Jax Fish House.
- Sleep, eat, repeat.