Radek Cerny was born in Prague, in what is now called the Czech Republic, and learned to cook at the Czech Cook's School. A keen interest in performing bluegrass music led him to Nashville, but the harsh realities of the music business led him "back to the spatula." Now critically acclaimed, his cooking has won the praise of Colorado foodies for 20 years. In Boulder, L'Atelier is the studio/workshop where he and his staff offer excellence in food artistry and fine dining.
My Perfect Day in Boulder
- Start the day with a 10-mile bike ride from my home in Niwot to Boulder. Usually I ride along Jay Road, then along Hwy 119, and then catch the Boulder Creek Path.
- When I'm ready for a break, I like to stop at one of the benches on the Boulder Creek Path and enjoy the sunshine.
- Watch a Barcelona or Real Madrid soccer match at Conor O'Neill's in downtown Boulder.
- Stop in and visit my friend Greg at Carelli's and have a cheese plate and glass of vino.
- End this great day with a beautiful dinner at L'Atelier.