Events, Arts & Culture Grant Program Application
Welcome, event organizers! Visit Boulder, in partnership with Create Boulder, is pleased to announce funding opportunities for Boulder events, arts, and culture. This grant opportunity is intended to support Boulder events that enhance and enliven our community for visitors and residents alike. Please note that cultural and artistic experiences that connect with an audience are also considered within this framework.
The Events, Arts & Culture Program will award $100,000 in grants for 2023.
Application Deadline: 11:00pm Wednesday, February 1st 2023
- $2,500 | 35% of awards
- $5,000 | 55% of awards
- $10,000 | 10% of awards
Applications requesting $10,000 may require additional detail upon request by the EAC Grants Committee & Visit Boulder staff.
Application and award status notifications will go out after committee deliberation.
Applicants must electronically submit a completed application with supplemental documents uploaded as PDF documents. Other supplementary material shall be submitted in an appropriate file format.
Applications should be submitted to the attention of: Emiliano Lake-Herrera, Visit Boulder. E-mail address: email@example.com.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria (100pts total):
- Community Impact: The event has the clear capacity to engage a large, diverse section of the Boulder community; make a significant, long-lasting, positive impact; and, increase awareness of and participation in events in the Boulder community. Additional weight will be given to events that help in moving the needle on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. (25pts)
- Marketing: The event strengthens Boulder’s marketing position as a destination for arts, cultural, environmental, educational, culinary and athletic experiences. The event offers a full marketing plan to attract attendees. (20pts)
- Budget: The event producer demonstrates a reasonable budget and narrative explanation. (20pts)
- Sustainability: The event possesses strong growth opportunity that offers the long-term potential of being produced for multiple years; and, the event may position Boulder to attract similar events. (15pts)
- Economics: The event presents an opportunity for a return on investment financially, culturally, or wholistically for the destination. The event is well thought out and produced by a professional with a proven record of success. Additional weight and consideration is given to multi-day events. (20pts)
**In the interest of equity, if you produce an event that takes place December-March please contact Visit Boulder staff to discuss as these dates fall out-of-cycle with the current application deadline and review timeline for this funding opportunity.