Adam is the Professional Culinary Arts Instructor at Culinary School of the Rockies in Boulder. Chef Adam has worked in restaurants in Colorado, Portland and New York. Before coming to the Culinary School of the Rockies, he was the executive chef of Manor Vail Resort. He was recently honored by presenting a dinner at the prestigious James Beard House in New York featuring a Colorado menu paired with Colorado craft beer and wine. Chef Adam was also featured at the Aspen Food and Wine Classic where he showcased Colorado products.
My Perfect Day in Boulder
- Grab a latte from Amante and an Old B cookie from Spruce Confections.
- Meet the culinary arts students at Oxford Farm Gardens where students work with farmer Peter to harvest brussels sprouts, carrots and turnips.
- Prepare a meal with the culinary arts students - a peach basil vinaigrette to toss with Jay Hill Farm greens, whole Brussels sprouts stalks sautéed with bacon and local bison meatballs with Hazel Dell mushroom sauce.
- Stop by Savory Spice Shop to say "hi" to Dan Hayward and pick up my favorite spice blends - Pearl Street Plank Rub and Pikes Peak Butchers Rub.
- Head home and fire up the grill to cook some John Long pork ribs that covered with the Butchers Rub.
- Kick up my feet up and watch the sun set over the Flatirons with my dog, Peanut. Enjoy my favorite Colorado Craft beer - Steamworks Lizard Head Red.