When chef Bradford Heap takes to the kitchen, his years spent with culinary legends like Alain Ducasse, Georges Blanc, and Carlo Cioni are evident. His ability to create simple clean flavors from ultra fresh local products have earned him a loyal following. The prestigious James Beard Foundation also has taken notice, honoring him with the coveted position as guest chef at the James Beard House and nominating him as the "Best Chef of the Southwest." He is a true example of "Do What You Love."
My Perfect Day in Boulder with the Family
- Combines time with my five-year-old twins and good food!
- We like to start our adventure day at Whole Foods at Broadway and Arapahoe. The kids pick out their favorite fruit and a vegetable they want to try for our backpacks and we head up the Boulder Creek Bike Path to the Fishing Pond.
- After a few hours of catch and release we walk down Pearl Street for lunch at Two Spoons for soup or sandwiches, where we can get a great gelato for dessert. Then we're off again down Pearl Street to play in the Pop Jet Fountain at Pearl and 14th.
- Our next stop is always Into the Wind - the best kite store anywhere.
- After our adventures I'm beat, they're still going ... so we head to our restaurant, SALT, and sit at the Fire Bar where the kids can watch all the action in the kitchen.
- Great Day. I hope I can get them to sleep before they get their second wind!