Chef of The Post Brewing Company, Brett Smith traveled throughout the U.S. and was executive chef at ZoZo's Ristorante on St. John, US Virgin Islands, for four years before he decided to settle back in Boulder. When he’s not behind the burners of The Post, Smitty enjoys swimming, hiking, and grilling with his wife and kids.
My perfect day in Boulder for the family
- Start the day off by visiting my friends, Jason and Ben, at Isabelle Farm in East Boulder County. Let the kids run around with Clyde, the farm dog, and check out the wonderful produce.
- At lunch time, make your way down to the West End Tavern to see Chef Chris. Try the bacon- jalapeno cheeseburger or the smoked ribs and a couple of chocolate milkshakes.
- After lunch, a nice walk along the Boulder Creek Path is a good way to shake off the big lunch.
- Let the kids play in the big rocks on the Pearl Street Mall in front of The Peppercorn.
- Get a balloon animal from Bongo, the world's most famous and nicest balloon guy. He's usually right outside the door of The Peppercorn.
- Swing by my restaurant, The Post Brewing Company, for fried chicken and craft beer.