Chris is the executive chef / partner of The West End Tavern on Pearl Street. Working under Creole cuisine master Chef Gerhard Brill at the Perdido Beach Resort in Alabama he became passionate about Creole fusion cuisine. Chris then moved to Boulder and spent 7 years at Jax Fish House. In 2003 he helped re-open The West End Tavern where he creates delicious home-style cuisine and culinary classics.
My perfect day in Boulder with the Family
- Start the day with breakfast at Marie's on Broadway.
- Stop next door at Breadworks Bakery for a coffee and a few snacks for later.
- Bike or catch Boulder's city bus, The Skip, to Settler's Park on West Pearl Street. Take the kids on a hike in Settler's Park to get a perfect view of Boulder.
- Walk or bike down Boulder Creek Path to Mustard's Last Stand for a picnic lunch.
- Rent tubes from across the street at Conoco and take the kids tubing down Boulder Creek.
- Continue down the Boulder Creek Path until you come to
Scott Carpenter Park at Arapahoe - this is about a 5 minute bike ride.
- Have a blast at the park's outdoor pool, slide and skate park.
- Head back to downtown and end your day on the West End Tavern rooftop with great food and an amazing view of the sun setting over the Flatirons.