Born in San Diego, California and raised in Virginia, Eric Skokan studied history at the University of Virginia. While moonlighting at the award-winning Silver Thatch Inn in the Virginia Countryside, he quickly realized that he preferred the cookbook to the textbook. After graduation he moved around the country working in some of the best restaurant kitchens, until 2006 when he opened Black Cat Farm Table Bistro in Boulder. Eric lives in Boulder with his wife Jill and their four children, and enjoys farming, eating and fixing his tractor, Buttercup.
My Perfect Day in Boulder
- Pick up a perfect cup of coffee at The Cup on Pearl Street's East End.
- Go apple and cherry picking in Left Hand Canyon.
- Lunch on the lawn at the Farmer's Market.
- Get inspired by the cookbooks at Peppercorn.
- Pick up another perfect cup of coffee at The Cup.
- Go to Black Cat Farm (you can ride the Banjo Billy bus to get there) to pick out fresh veggies.
- Come to our nightly cellar dinners at Black Cat Farm Table Bistro.