Recipient of the 2008 James Beard Foundation Award for Best Chef: Southwest, Lachlan is the chef and co-owner of Frasca Food and Wine. In 2005, he was awarded Food & Wine magazine's Best New Chef. At Frasca, he applies his culinary talents to create innovative yet traditional dishes true to the indelible spirit of Friuli, Italy. Frasca has developed a reputation as one of the best dining experiences in the country.
My Perfect Day in Boulder
- Start the day by enjoying coffee at Logan's Espresso Café.
- Drive to Hall Ranch, near Lyons, for a mountain bike ride. There are two great rides - the one for beginner and intermediate riders starts from the Antelope Trailhead off Apple Valley Road. For a more challenging start to the ride, and my favorite, start from the Bitterbrush Trailhead, 1 ½ miles southwest of Lyons on Highway 7.
- Grab a beer on the way home at Oskar Blues. Lachlan likes Mama's Little Yella Pils best.
- Head to the Yoga Pod for a late afternoon yoga class.
- Have dinner at my restaurant, Frasca Food & Wine.