Radda was named one of the Top 10 Hottest New Restaurants by Bon Appetit when it opened in 2007. Matthew Jansen, chef and owner, utilizes local and organic produce whenever possible. Radda is the second creation of his, after the much lauded Mateo Restaurant Provencal. Matthew grew up in Boulder and graduated from the University of Colorado with a degree in Journalism. While attending CU and participating as a member of the National Ski Team, Matthew was consistently a part of Boulder's dining scene.
My Perfect Day in Boulder
- Have a cappuccino at Amante on North Broadway. There are a couple locations - I like the one on North Broadway.
- Bike ride up in the mountains to Jamestown or Ward. Rent a great road bike at Pro Peloton.
- Eat brunch at my restaurant, Radda Trattoria. My favorite meal is the Eggs Benedict with shaved Prosciutto di Parma with house made sausage and a side of greens.
- Stroll the Pearl Street Mall - start at 15th Street and head west.
- Have a Dark and Stormy at Centro.
- Enjoy Frasca Food & Wine's salumi plate and glass of Friuliano.
- Have dinner at my restaurant Mateo. I love the Salade Lyonnaise, steak frites and a bottle of Denis Mortet Gevrey-Chambertin.
- End this great day in Boulder with an Vieux Carre at Happy.
- Sweet dreams.