Convention & Visitors Bureau
2440 Pearl Street, Boulder, CO 80302 | 303.442.2911
Open Studios brings visual art and events and educational programming to the public throughout the year. Open Studios roots go back to 1995 when Gary Zeff founded the first fall studio tour.
What began as a relatively small tour now consists of 140 artists opening their working studios during the first three weekends of October.
Today Open Studios offers six programs, including the fall studio tour, making it a comprehensive visual arts organization to serves Boulder's artists, art lovers, and the broader community.
Open Studios other five programs include:
• EdLinks, employing artists to provide supplemental arts education in the public schools;
• The Mobile Art Lab, a visiting arts-education community-building program that works with neighborhoods and sub-communities around Boulder, and appears at festivals and street fairs;
• The Community Public Art Program, enhancing the urban landscape of Boulder;
• The Boulder Plein Air Festival, a spring-time festival and competition that celebrates the scenery of Boulder County and brings artists from across the U.S. to make art in Boulder; and
• Pop! Gallery, creating a market for Boulder's talented professional artists in vacant retail spaces between tenants.