Shop Safely in Boulder
We've reeeeally missed real-life shopping, how about you? Are you out of your favorite hot sauce from Peppercorn, used up the last of your favorite lotion from Rebecca's Apothecary, need a new pair of uber-soft sweatpants from Haven? Yeah, us too.
All across Boulder, our retailers are taking great pains to ensure a safe shopping experience, with precautions to protect you and their staff. We need local heroes to support our small businesses, so when you're ready, please consider shopping Boulder's reopened gift
How Shops Are Ensuring Your Safety
Guidelines here about how what precautions they are taking.
- Sanitizing Staff arriving earlier for additional cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout stores.
- Common Area Cleaning Wiping down of areas including dressing rooms, cash registers, and other common areas between customers.
- Limited Numbers of Shoppers The number of customers allowed in is based on the store's square footage to help maintain social distance.
- Tried-on Items Quarantined For stores with try-ons, items that are tried on must then be taken off the floor for at least 24 hours.
- Alternative Shopping Options Many shops are still doing curbside pickup or by-appointment shopping if that is more comfortable for you.
What Shops Are Open?
Many shops began opening as of May 9, 2020. You can click below for the latest in Downtown Boulder and at Twenty Ninth Street.
What to Expect
Some stores are open by appointment only, while others are allowing only a few shoppers in at a time. You can check the listings at Downtown Boulder's shopping page and Twenty Ninth Street's list of openings before you go. Check the websites of other shops around town, too.
You'll see hand sanitizing and cleaning stations around stores and notice employees cleaning point-of-sale areas frequently. Please wear a mask, as it is mandated by Boulder County public health order to wear a mask in public where social distancing cannot be maintained.
Here are some examples of signs you may see in store windows: