Convention & Visitors Bureau
2440 Pearl Street, Boulder, CO 80302 | 303.442.2911
With the holidays approaching, things are about to get cray-cray. Take a quick trip to Boulder, the perfect spot to treat yourself gently, relax, savor some peace and quiet, and reconnect with you. Come with companions, or see why Boulder was named a top destination for solo travel.
• Start with Spa Time Here’s a tip. Book any treatment at The Spa at St Julien and you gain access to this luxury hotel’s infinity pool, lounge, steam room, sauna and patio (complete with Flatirons view) for as long as you like before and after your appointment.
• Pedal Around Town Boulder Creek Path is an easy bike trail, running straight through town, with beautiful fall foliage all along the way. Rent from University Cycles or a number of other bike shops, or check one out from the red bike-sharing stations around town, called B-Cycle.
• Nourish Yourself Surrounded by farmland and with a focus on healthy living, Boulder has the freshest, most delicious cuisine anywhere. Make a stop to sample goodies at the Boulder Farmers' Market — open Saturdays 8am-2pm (April-mid November) and Wednesdays 4-8pm (May-October). And consider restaurants like The Kitchen, Fresh Thymes Eatery, Blooming Beets Kitchen or Leaf for dishes that are as good for you as they are tasty.
• Juice Up Local juice shop Wonder cold-presses 100% organic veggies and fruits into colorful glasses of juice that are full of beneficial enzymes and vitamins. This bright, chic space is a nice place to sit, journal, read or people watch.
• Shop With No Pressure Don’t rush, don’t worry, just browse until your heart’s content on historic downtown Pearl Street or at Twenty Ninth Street shopping mall, both of which have unique clothing, gift and outdoor gear shops galore. The views from Twenty Ninth Street are worth a trip alone.
• Breathe Easy Bring your body and mind into harmony with a therapeutic yoga class at Studio Be Yoga, gentle restorative yoga at Iyengar Yoga Center or a heated-room Earthways Yoga at Radiance Power Yoga.
• Read a Good Book A quiet corner and a good cup of coffee are calling you. Choose OZO Coffee for locally roasted goodness, Trident Coffee Booksellers and Café for a convenient combo and homey vibe, Innisfree Poetry Bookstore & Café to mingle among CU grad students or Alpine Modern for a hip, tucked-away scene.
• Get Herbal Stop by Rebecca’s Apothecary for yummy, all-natural beauty products, teas, tinctures and more. Just being in the fragrant shop is a treat, but you can also tell the staff any ailment, and they'll make suggestions or whip something up for you.
• Hike Happy Take a laid-back, peaceful hike on one of the following trails.
• Wine Tasting Sample and learn about Colorado’s burgeoning wine industry at one of Boulder’s three wineries — all next door to one another. You can also relax with a glass of red or white at lively wine bars PMG or SiP. Or to really treat yourself, head to bar at the Flagstaff House restaurant. Perched above Boulder in the woods, this restaurant has been a Wine Spectator Grand Award winner every year for over three decades.
• Try Something New Be brave and join a free, drop-in group meditation at the Boulder Shambhala Center. Attend a lecture at University of Colorado, where some of the world’s top minds convene. Watch (and try) the art of rock balancing in Boulder Creek. Sit in the woods and write a poem. Mix it up and discover something new about yourself.