Lodging and Dining
Rest and recovery play a critical role in any successful training regimen, so here's a choice of two great Boulder hotels that will help you to refresh and revitalize in time for your next workout.
- Basecamp Boulder Hotel is located just minutes from downtown and the CU Sports Medicine & Performance Center. Stylish finishes for adventure travelers in private rooms and common areas make this a distinctive place to stay. Get more information and book now >
- Millennium Harvest House is located just a five-minute walk from the CU Sports Medicine & Performance Center. The hotel sits on 16 beautiful acres with an indoor lap pool and fitness center. During IRONMAN events, racers ran right by the hotel on a portion of the course. Get more information and book now >
In between workouts, check out why Bon Appetit magazine named Boulder America’s Foodiest Town and Food & Wine magazine named Pearl Street one of the 10 Best Foodie Streets in America.
Healthy food options abound. Whether you’re looking for grocery stores, fast casual food or a celebratory meal, you’ll find Boulder’s food scene supports your body. This city is home to 70 Olympic athletes, half of the country’s professional bicycle racers and more IRONMAN World Champions than any other U.S. city, so it's no surprise Boulder's food scene supports athletes and a healthy lifestyle.
Here’s a short list to get you started:
- Shine – Run by three sisters passionate about wholesome and delicious food.
- The Protein Bar – Yummy, quick dishes with a menu that tells you exactly how much protein is in every dish.
- Oak – One of Boulder's most highly acclaimed restaurants, with a farm-to-table focus.
- Tangerine – New takes on breakfast favorites, with a focus on natural foods.
- Blackbelly Market – Top Chef champion Hosea Rosenberg's restaurant, supplied by his very own Blackbelly Farm.
- SALT – Inventive dishes from a chef committed to sustainable practices and GMO-free sourcing. (SALT is temporarily closed due to COVID-19.)
- The Kitchen – One of the greenest restaurants in the country, with an always-fresh menu.
- Frasca Food and Wine – A James Beard winner and longtime favorite destination for special occasions.
- Craft Breweries – There are about 20 breweries, several distilleries and wineries, plus a cidery and a meadery in Boulder, and many of them open their doors for tastings and tours.