Boulder Sliced & Diced - Chef's Favorite Things to Do
Looking for the inside scoop?
Want to experience Boulder SLICED & DICED in a new way?
We asked Boulder's most notable chefs what they like to do in Boulder and here's what they said. You'll see their favorite bike rides, favorite beers, favorite meals, all from the chefs who really know Boulder's food scene.
Boulder Farmers' Market
Goodies for Foodies
Maps & Addresses
I believe that Boulder might be the top food destination in Colorado. I know that is a bold statement, but I think it's true. Here's why...
- Bon Appetit magazine called Boulder America's Foodiest Town in 2010.
- The Wall Street Journal called Boulder the "Best small city for great meals" in November 2009.
- Bon Appetit wrote "Boulder is officially bursting at it foodie-seams" in June 2007.
- The Denver Post wrote "Boulder still has the best food per square mile in the state" on August 20, 2008.
- Individual restaurants and bars in Boulder also continue to rack up the accolades, including three Food & Wine mentions – 50 Best Bars in America in 2011 and 2012, America's Best New Bars in 2011, and the Top Sommeliers of 2012 – and Travel + Leisure's Best Italian Restaurants in the U.S. for 2012.
- There are 19 breweries in town and five wineries - including the best self-guided wine tour in the state.
- Boulder is also home to master sommeliers, a cooking school, the state's best farmers' market and most importantly, people who love to eat.
Foodies know that food is a great way to experience a community's distinct lifestyle. The suggestions in this guide give you a peek into living like a local in a way that is fresh and all about food. So, what are you waiting for? Visit Boulder and check out the chefs' suggestions. If you like them, I hope you'll stop in their restaurants to give them a full report. They'd like to hear from you!
Here are more food & restaurant recognitions:
- Ten Top Wine Destinations - Food & Wine, July 2009
- Top Pick for Food & Wine Vacations - Organic/Veggie - Orbitz, April 2008
- Runner-Up "America's Foodiest Small Town" - Bon Appetit, October 2009
- Top 25 Destinations in the US - TripAdvisor, April, 2008
- Top 100 Destinations in the World - TripAdvisor, April, 2008
- The West's Greenest Restaurant - Sunset, March 2008
- Top 10 Hottest New Restaurants - Bon Appetit, June 2007
- Top 10 Rooftop Bars - Sunset, July 2007
- Top 10 Farmers' Markets - EatingWell, August 2007
- Top 10 Favorite Outdoor Dining Spots - Bon Appetit, July 2006