An Itinerary for the Whole Family
Start your morning at a local favorite family spot, The Buff for stacks of pancakes, bowls of granola and fresh-squeezed orange juice. On your way, stop at an information kiosk for a child-friendly city map of Boulder, or you can download a digital copy here.
Spend the morning exploring:
- Boulder's wildlife on a nature hike with Boulder Open Space & Mountain Parks Hikes and Programs.
- Climbing rocks and animal statues on the Pearl Street Mall.
- Boulder Creek Path, which spans 5.5 miles through the center of town.
- Kids' Fishing Ponds, East of 6th St. on north side of Boulder Creek.
Bring food and water for longer hikes. The slightly higher altitude means you may get dehydrated more easily. And don't forget to bring water for your dogs!
Stop along the Pearl Street Mall at one of the many family-friendly cafés and eateries:
Visit one of Boulder's local attractions:
- Gateway Park Fun Center for go-carts, mini-golf, batting cages, video games and more!
- Cool off in the Pop Jet Fountains on Pearl Street Mall.
- Rent bikes to cruise on the Boulder Creek Path.
- Take a plunge in Boulder Reservoir.
- Let the little ones get some energy out (while you refuel with a cup of coffee) at Junkyard Social Club.
- Visit Boulder Skate Park at Scott Carpenter Park.
Dine at one of Boulder's family establishments:
After dinner, do some more exploring:
- Watch street performers on the Pearl Street Mall — entertainment for the entire family.
- Enjoy a star or interactive show in the dome at Fiske Planetarium, CU campus.
- Dance to live music with Bands on the Bricks on the Pearl Street Mall, Wednesday evenings during the summer months.