Meet Our Team
The Visit Boulder Staff Directory
Chief Executive Officer
- Favorite Boulder hike or walk: Mt. Sanitas has a special place in my heart because for many, many years while our kids were young, my friend group of eight twin moms pushed double strollers up this beautiful trail every Wednesday morning, rain or shine.
- Your Boulder beverage of choice: T|ACO has great margaritas without the sugary mixes and they carry a favorite Boulder-based brand, Suerte Tequila. Hits the spot!
- Favorite weekend activity in Boulder: A picnic at Chautauqua, preferably when music is playing in the auditorium, throwing a frisbee, kicking a soccer ball, and enjoying each other.
- Favorite view: Lost Gulch Overlook
- Travel style: With an active family and busy lifestyle, a beach is always good for the soul! Rest and renewal.
Vice President of Marketing
303-442-2911, ext. 107
- Favorite place to take guests: The visitor center at NCAR. It’s a beautiful road, on a beautiful piece of land. I especially like how the tall grass blows in the wind, and we see deer there fairly often.
- Best meal in Boulder: It’s a toss-up between the Eggs Jennifer at Lucile’s and the vegetable tasting platter at Salt.
- Favorite view: Boulder Valley as you drive into Boulder from Denver. To see the mountains in the distance, all the wide, open space that surround our town, and the red roofs of CU – whew!
- Travel style: Small-town discovery
Digital Marketing Manager
303-442-2911, ext. 117
- Boulder beverage of choice: Celestial Seasonings tea forever and always (made right in Boulder!)
- Favorite weekend activity in Boulder: Strolling Twenty Ninth Street, kicking back at Rayback Collective, or checking out a new park or playground
- Favorite view: Anywhere along the Peak to Peak Scenic & Historic Byway
- Favorite hidden gem: Wonderland Lake is picturesque, with lots of spots for little ones to amble and explore
- Travel style: Live like a local
Marketing and Communications Manager
- Boulder beverages of choice: Alpine Lavender Kombucha by Rowdy Mermaid
- Best meal you’ve had in Boulder: The Za Jiang Mian from Zoe Ma Ma
- A hidden gem you’ve discovered: Kettle and Spoke Brewing – a tucked away brewery in a custom bike shop with great patio views
- Travel style: Weekend warrior
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Boulder beverage of choice: The Juego de Fuego cocktail at Jungle. My family loves tiki bars!
- Most relaxing spot: Paddleboarding or tanning on Gross Reservoir
- Best meal you’ve had in Boulder: The best meals I've had in Boulder were at Hapa Sushi!
- Your travel style: I love planning trips last minute — just getting excited and going somewhere while figuring it out on the way!
Angela "Fig" Wirkler, CMP
Director of Group Sales
303-442-2911, ext. 131
- Favorite place to take visitors: Corrida for happy hour or Coot Lake for a nice leisurely walk
- Favorite weekend activity in Boulder: Boulder Farmers Market or North Boulder Park for playing bags and slack-lining
- Best meal you’ve had in Boulder: Duck confit from The Kitchen or chicken tikka masala from Curry n Kebob
- Travel style: Wanderlust-driven adventure junkie
Group Sales Manager
- Boulder beverage of choice: Any rye whiskey at the West End Tavern
- Most relaxing activity: E-biking in the fall
- Favorite view of Boulder: The view of the Flatirons from Avanti F&B's upper deck
- A hidden gem you've discovered in Boulder: Emiliano (see below) – Boulder's Keeper of Fun Facts
- Travel style: Adventure seeker, cultural explorer and local foodie
Group Sales Manager
- Boulder beverage of choice: South Side Walnut Café has an awesome chai latte! Really good breakfast options too.
- Favorite view: The Royal Arch Trail. You can’t beat the view when you reach the arch (plus the amazing rock formations), and you’ll get amazing views of the Flatirons along the way.
- A hidden gem you’ve discovered in Boulder: I love Bohemian Biergarten. Delicious food, drinks and a fun ambiance that can’t be missed. Pierogies, Spaetzle, Gnocchi? Give me all of it, plus a big bier!
- Travel style: Adventurer – both in activities but also with local food and drink!
Director of Visitor Experience & Community Partnerships
303-442-2911, ext. 133
- Favorite place to take visitors: Red Rocks Trail at The Peoples' Crossing (formerly "Settlers Park")
- Boulder beverage of choice: Upslope Belgian Style Pale Ale
- Favorite hike: EM Greenman Trail to Green Mountain
- Best meal you’ve had in Boulder: Sichuan Braised Beef Noodle at Zoe Ma Ma
- Travel style: When in Rome, do as the Romans do
Visitor Services Manager
• Boulder beverage of choice: Iced chai at the Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse or Raspberry Rising at Twisted Pine Brewing
• Favorite hike or walk: South Mesa Trailhead is my favorite local hike so far but I’m still exploring! I LOVE the hiking trails in South Boulder. They tend to be a bit less busy and there is a great range in difficulty and views.
• Most relaxing spot: The Boulder Book Store, I could spend hours there browsing.
• Best meal you’ve had in Boulder: The Pain Perdu at Lucile’s. The atmosphere is so different and fun, and the food is seasoned to perfection.
• Travel style: A mix of weekend warrior and free-and-easy
Vintage 1975 VW Bus
Mobile Visitor Center and Photo Booth
Reserve me for your meeting or event!
- Beverage of choice: Premium
- Favorite place to take visitors: Anywhere downhill, ha ha! When I don't have room for everyone, I send them to Electric Cruiser Bike Tours to hitch a ride on one of my two-wheeled friends.
- Favorite weekend activity: The Chautauqua Trailhead, chatting with all the hikers
- Travel style: Third gear — slow enough to take in the beautiful Boulder scenery