Boulder Arts Week
April 7-15, 2023
Get ready. Boulder Arts Week is back for another year of festivities at the beginning of April, with digital and in-person arts and culture offerings, including art walks, exhibitions, performances, dance, music, theater, public art, lectures, readings and workshops at venues throughout the city. Boulder has the nation's third-highest concentration of artists, and Boulder Arts Week, now in its ninth year, is your chance to see many of its artists in action during nine days packed with arts events.
For arts lovers, the week-long series of events means a smorgasbord of cultural experiences, from murals and installations to art walks and events both online and in person featuring a huge variety of disciplines — including dance, music, theater, visual arts and more.
What to See and Do
See the calendar for 2023 on the Boulder Arts Week website. Here are some of the highlights to look forward to this year.
- Give a free drumming workshop a whirl with local legend Jorge Alabê
- Take a live figure drawing class at NoBo Center for the Arts
- Take a peek into numerous local artists' studios and galleries at First Friday
- Try the art of glass breaking (a first step in stained-glass art) at a Colorado Glass Works workshop
- Get a taste of what it's like to use the pottery wheel at a Pizza and Pottery Open House
- Create a Mexican art-inspired fabric book at the Boulder Public Library
Find the full calendar of Boulder Arts Week Events on their website.